So you all want to know where we plan on taking our adventure to? Of course you do!
Just for starters here is our initial travel route for the first two months that we are away. Once we are back I will update with more detail, but as much as I love planning a trip, I love to also leave the finer details until we are on the road so we can be more flexible!
1. Sydney (1st – 7th March) – we start our trip off by flying to Sydney. Just in time for Mardi Gras on the 3rd March. We spend a week here exploring and visiting one of Ella’s mums best friend.
2. Cairns (7th – 9th March) – we then fly to Cairns to spend two days diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Here we are Couchsurfing, where we will be staying with a lovely man on his Yacht! Then we pick up our Camper van from Mighty and spend 10days driving down the coast to Brisbane!
ROAD TRIP! (9th March – 19th March) – Cairns – Mission Beach – Magnetic Island – Airlie Beach – Yeppoon – Bundaberg – Hervey Bay – Brisbane
3. Brisbane (19th March – 26th March) – Ells lived in Brisbane for 8 months a couple of years back, so we are staying a week in Brisbane catching up with all of her friends! We will be staying out by the Glass House Mountains. After our weeks stay in Brissy, we’re then hopping on the local trains and coaches using a 14 day discovery pass to travel down to Melbourne, stopping off at a number of places along the way – including Byron Bay, Grafton, Canberra (just to name a few).
TRAIN JOURNEY (26th March – 4th April)
4. Melbourne (4th April – 7th April) – the last few days in Australia are going to be spent exploring Melbs and also catching up with another one of Ells friends before we get on our flight to Bali!
5, 6 & 7. Indonesia (7th April – 20th April) – as Steff has been to Bali three times now, this is her turn to play tour guide! The first couple of days we’ll be spending in Ubud, before we head to Canggu and then from there, where ever the wind takes us! The plan is to eventually end up in Flores so we can take a trip over to Komodo Island before we fly to our final destination!
8. Surat Thani (20th April – 21st April) – as we are going to be flying from Denpasar, up to Bangkok and then to Surat Thani we thought it best to break the travelling and stop over in Surat Thani before catching the boat across to the islands!
9. Koh Samui & Koh Tao (21st April – 28th April) – the last week will be spent chilling out on the islands of Koh Tao and Koh Samui. Once again Ells comes in handy knowing a lovely guy called Poy who owns a couple of resorts on Koh Samui, so he is sorting us out for a couple of days in one of his hotels!