If you are paying a visit to Ayutthaya in Thailand then we highly recommend that you spend at least 1 night in this beautiful city and we have the perfect place for you to stay!
We have recently stayed at Krodyle Mindfulness House and it was probably one of the best experiences we’ve had since being back in Thailand!
Krodyle is a brand new hotel/guest house that only opened 3 months ago and the whole concept of the place is gorgeous. Entwined with nature and mindfulness it has a beautiful calming effect – just what you need after a long hot day exploring the temples of the second Siamese capital (after Sukhothai).
It is a mindfulness house, so there is the opportunity to participate in meditation and yoga, but this is absolutely optional! Both Ella and I are complete novices when it comes to meditation but as we were there, we wanted to give it a try. After a brief conversation with Boonyawat about meditation and the simple steps to free your mind of chatter or as he put it to “silence your monkey mind” we joined his wife and family in some walking meditation.
We each took up our positions dotted around the house on each level and spent 30 minutes meditating. It was an incredible experience and something that Ells and I have agreed to incorporate into our daily routine – to say we slept well that night is an understatement!
Boonyawat and his wife were so accommodating to us and proudly offered a wide selection for breakfast and a fridge full of free refreshments that we were to help ourselves to.
The room was gorgeous, light and airy with an enormously comfy King size bed. A balcony to the back of the room looked out over some woodlands and the bathroom was simple and stylish with colourful tiles. We especially liked the single star shaped light bulb hung on the wall.
- An easy 10 minute drive from Ayutthaya Train Station, or a 26 minutes walk if you fancy a little journey along the river. TIP: TukTuks will try and charge you 150THB however if you hail a metered taxi (and ask for it to be on the meter) it should cost you half that price!
- Krodyle offers free use of their brand new bycyles to all who stay which is an excellent way to explore the temples and the city!
- Krodyle is a short 4km ride from Ayutthaya Historical park which only takes a maximum of 15 minutes to cycle.
- Breakfast is included with the room and there is a selection of fruit, cereal and cooked meat and rice. Along with tea, coffee and soft drinks.
- There is a beautiful “loft” space for yoga/meditation that overlooks woodland.
- Boonyawat and his wife are the kindest people you will meet (Ells had a horrendous tooth ache and Boonyawat happily offered to drive Ella to the dentist and then to the pharmacy).
- Based on a quiet road that runs adjacent to the river.
- Air con works perfectly
- Hot shower that is separate to the toilet (unusual and a real luxury in Asia!)
- The WiFi is excellent!
Would we stay again?
110% we’d stay again! We only had one full day in Ayutthaya, so I can imagine if we are ever back in Thailand we’ll be taking another trip to Ayutthaya and we will most certainly be booking into Krodyle Mindfulness House. They made us feel so welcomed, and after a few weeks on the road it was nice to be welcomed into a friendly and peaceful place!
How to book?
You can book Krodyle Mindfulness House HERE this link will take you through to booking.com for the best prices (between £40-£45 per room per night).