So you’ve probably landed here, on our blog because you are looking for reviews on the Marndadee Boutique Hotel in Chiang Mai, or as it is now known The Marndadee Haritage River Village. Well you’re in the right place! Here is all you need to know about the Marndadee Heritage Heritage River Village Hotel!
The Marndadee Heritage River Village Hotel has got to be one of the highlights from our recent visit to Chiang Mai.
Although it is set slightly South of Chiang Mai Old City, its within reasonable distance to reach the hotel or the City – depending on which way you are going!
Once we were checked in, we were led down to the golf buggy and driven to our room… well, when I say room I actually mean the most beautiful villa you will ever see. We were accommodated in the Rice Barn Villa with a river view. Standing on stilts, beneath it was a beautiful area to dine or to relax back in the hammock strung between the pillars! After gawping at this, we were then led up the stairs to our balcony and into our room. What awaited us was a beautiful vintage styled room with a massive King sized bed (and trust me, it was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in!). The bathroom was to the back of the room, and it was quite literally to die for. A gorgeous vintage shower greets you as you first enter and then to the right you immediately notice the stand alone bath tub. Next to be noticed were the incredible vintage wardrobes and trunk! As we turned to our host, she met us with a gleaming smile as I literally exclaimed that this room was “gorgeous I never want to leave!”
You don’t often find a hotel that looks exactly like its pictures, but I’d go as far as saying this hotel goes above and beyond its pictures, in real life! A peace haven amongst the jungle.
– 80% of the furnishings and decor are antiques, distinguishing every room with an individual touch.
– A wellness resort where they believe in the love of Mother Earth, offer plant based meals and practice yoga and meditation.
– Winners of Thailand Boutique Award of 2014-2015 and 2016-2017.
– 20 minutes drive from Chiang Mai Airport and/or Old City.
– Offers a free daily shuttle service into the City where they will drop you off in the morning and pick you back up in the evening. But if the times do not suit it is only a mere 200 THB in a taxi (£4.56/$5.99).
– Offers free activities on a daily basis between 2pm-3pm.
– Price of rooms range from 1968 THB (£44/$57) – 10,578 THB (£214/$317) per night, so there really is a room for everyone.*
– The rooms all include an al la carte breakfast which is served from 7am-10am and is located on the terrace overlooking the river.
– The hotel offers the most beautiful infinity pool providing serene views of the river Ping.
– All of the rice is produced here on the property from their lush green rice paddies.
– The staff are the friendliest Thai people you will ever meet!
– It is a LGBT friendly hotel.
Would we stay again?
100% without a doubt we would stay again should we ever return to Chiang Mai. And we shall certainly be recommending The Marndadee to all of our family, friends and followers who are considering visiting Chiang Mai. We had a truly serene jungle experience.
How to book?
We’ve checked the prices out and you get the best deal booking directly through the hotel website, which you can access here;